September 30, 2007

Kanye On Nightline Following The Jay-Z Trend

Well Jay is his "big brother" so of course he's following in his footsteps BUT this shit is getting CORNY! Watch and try to guess what the hell I'm talking about lol:




Did you get it?? No?? Damn you fuckin' up! lol. Anyway, I was talking about this whole "I don't write my lyrics" bullshit! Is that a new standard that I don't know about?? I mean ever since Jay said he did that shit in like '98 people like Ja Rule, Lil Wayne, and now Kanye have been trying to use that shit as some kind of bragging point, but I wonder if they really would (if they do, which I seriously doubt outside of Jay-Z) if Jay never said anything about it. Whatever. Shit like this only proves that Jay IS the G.O.A.T. so LL should just fall back! More on that Hova, LL shit later, I promise!

3 comments:

EboniEmpress said...

I definitely agree with you on this one. That "big brother" song on Graduation is the only one that I can't stand to listen to. I was like give me a break Kanye. Its kind of like he's giving him a little too much praise if you ask me. Him trying to follow in his footsteps so much makes him seem like less of an individual and more of a copy cat.

Anonymous said...

Came across ur site and liked a lot of ur opinions. this one caught my eye cuz i thought the SNL skit was funny. They should have made fun of Terrance and Rocsi for real cuz they both corny and would have added to the parody. Also not only have those people claimed to not write their rhymes, but u forgot Twista after his accident last year. he doesn't have to write anymore lol. and about every single mainstream artist. I noticed you werent a lil wayne fan, but I will say I thought the art of writing was to write and rewrite until its perfect....not until it sounds right. Thats like cutting englishes throat and y hiphop is dying (not dead) slowly. I used to think that rap music had one positive aspect besides creativity. It taught some kids how to read,write, and express opinions. Now its hurting more than ever. besides my long rant, u have a really good blog. keep up the good work.

Mike (hunt730@comcast.net.)

Unknown said...

Err uhh...lets set the record straight...B.I.G. was the first to say he doesnt write his lyrics on paper. He said it waaaaay b4 jay z. Go check the tapes plus theres a "Source" article about it too, one of B.I.G.'s boys (it might have been one of the HITMEN producers)is commenting on how he (BIG)went about creating his rhymes. Im not saying i even believe BIG when he says it but fosho BIG said it 1st