September 20, 2007

Hovie's Home!

Yo, I shouldn't even have to say it but you guys know I'm amped! The god MC is back!!! Those of you who actually know me know that I'm one of the biggest Jay-Z fans out there so when the rumors first surfaced about him getting back in the studio I was excited, but now that I know there's some substance to the rumors I am AMPED!

Anyway, the new set is allegedly gonna be called American Gangster and is inspired by the movie by the same title (that is already paying Jay & Kanye for using Heart Of The City in their promo) starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe while also co-starring T.I., Common, and
RZA. He has 9 tracks recorded already and the first is supposedly called Blue Magic and features Pharrell. Sounds dope! He's supposed to be bringing it to Funkflex tonight to debut it on Hot 97 so I have my fingers crossed for that. Here's some of the sick lyrical shit Hov has
in store for us taken straight from the NY Times article that confirmed the album by interviewing Jay yesterday:

From No Hook

"Please don’t compare me to other rappers. Compare me to trappers./ I’m more Frank Lucas than Ludacris. And Lude is my dude, I ain’t trying to dis./ Just like Frank Lucas is cool, but I ain’t tryin’ to snitch./ I’m-a follow the rules, no matter how much time I’m-a get./ I’m-a live and die with the decisions that I’m-a pick."

"Poor me, Dad was gone, finally got my Dad back,/ liver bad, he wouldn’t live long, it snatched my Dad back."

From Pray

"Mindstate of a gangster from the 40’s, meet business mind of Motown’s Berry Gordy"

"This is the genesis of a nemesis. Mother America’s not witnessed since/ the Harlem Renaissance birthed black businesses."

Again, I...AM...AMPED!!!

1 comments:

Taylor_in_Seattle said...

I'm amped as a motherfucker too bro!