September 21, 2007

Soulja Boy Career Countdown Pt. 4: Souljaboytellem.com (Review)

Look, I don't even wanna hear that bullshit about this nigga only being 16 years-old (he’s 17 anyway) because at the age of 12 both Bow Wow and Lil Romeo made, at the least, listenable albums. This album is so unspeakably terrible that it makes me mad I downloaded it. Listening to this album is literally like having someone rip your eardrum out, take a shit on it, rinse it off in battery acid, run it over with a tank, and shove it back into your head...backwards! There is no, I repeat, NO positive aspect to this entire album...fuck that, this isn't even an album, its collection of audio proof that Hip-Hop is DEAD! It would be an insult to the word wack if I used it to describe this crap.

Offensively dreadful lyrics, severely appalling production, no direction, no talent, no potential! No amount of poor ratings or STFU Awards would suffice in retaliation for the disdain I’ve gained for this packaged noise. The fact that Soulja Boy’s “career” will be over within weeks of this audio’s release makes me feel better, but to recover from what I just heard I might have to listen to Reasonable Doubt on repeat this entire weekend.

Honestly, Jimmy Iovine should yank this project now before it hits any stores and resign for allowing this to get as far as it has. Mr. Collipark should close the doors to Collipark Records and move to Cambodia with Michael Richards to re-evaluate what he’s doing with his life. Now, usually I don’t condone telling kids to commit suicide, but DeAndre Cortez Way a.k.a. Soulja Boy should AT LEAST consider it. I think it would be best for everyone if all of this transpires before this child is publicly humiliated and subjected to ridicule for the rest of his musically worthless existence.

I’m done, now go ahead and call me a “hater” because I truly HATED this shit.

0/5

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playboy,

My name is Fresh. I am a rapper from the Bronx and I run a few blogs. On my music blog I linked your review of this piece of shit. I appreciate an honest opinion and someone who can appreciate real music. To think... I was LA a few weeks back talking to a music exec and some producers (Well known assholes might I add) and they were all saying how much they were amused by this Soulja Boy shit and were saying that this is where the money was at and someone who has real talent has no chance unless they have a dance! I visit your site frequently and I would love to exchange links. At the least consider me a Friend in music!!!

--FRESH
themusicexec@gmail.com
www.studiocouture.wordpress.com
www.the80sbaby.wordpress.com
www.assnkicks.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah your review is basically what everyone in my residence hall said. Some dudes didnt even wanna hear it. The other guys who did hear it wished they didn't. I dare anyone to put a Soulja Boy cd in they car and blat and see how crap they thrown on they ride. Soulja Boy cd wont get no respect from us at Valdost State.
-Tyeman64

Anonymous said...

I told Classic about you burning the CD just to throw it away.... ol' boy got weak LOL...

Industry Standard

Unknown said...

Funny shit man. I laughed hard for about 10 minutes. Thanx man.. I need that...





Cartel


HOODGROWN MAGAZINE - A Different Kind Of Hip Hop Magazine
http://www.hoodgrownonline.com

MyHood
http://www.hoodgrownrecords.com/myhood
The Adventures Of An Underfunded Digital Hip Hop Label In It’s Quest To Be Seen And Heard!

http://www.myspace.com/hoodgrown
http://www.youtube.com/hoodgrown

Daniel Stevenson said...

Man your review was dead on. For all those people who said they hated the song, but now they like it, its a reason for that. If you hear something enough on the radio or see the video enough, you'll start liking the bullshit.

I'm glad 50 Cent is leaving Interscope because Jimmy Iovine got his priorities fucked up allowing this bullshit to get as far as it did.

I can only say this:

Soulja Boy, stop trying to kill the mic and kill yourself

Anonymous said...

this review is dead on..my god these new niggas aint nothin but new niggas....he gonna have his 2 minutes of fame then hopefully go stab his self. i been on Mos Def "Black on Both Sides" to try to get the love for hip hop again. still aint workin.......