September 17, 2007

What Ever Happened To: MTV Rock N' Jock??

One of the most memorable things about MTV when I was younger was the yearly Rock N' Jock competitions. If were born anytime after like 1995-96 (yes Kody, that means you lol), you probably have no idea what I'm talking about because, I believe, the last one was in 2001 for Super Bowl XXXV where the Baltimore Ravens toted the New York Giants 34-7. Most of you mid-90's babies were fresh out having a life overwhelmed by Nick Jr. and thrust into kindergarten, how cute!

Anyway, Rock N' Jock was an event where the most trendy celebrities joined forces with the hottest players of basketball, football, and baseball to play a charity game in their respective sport. Man, MTV is fuckin' up! I mean its bad enough their is an abundance of wack shows this season (all of which cater to a certain persuasion), but not only do they not play many music video or music related programs, Justin Timberlake, they took away good shit like this. Who knows why Rock N' Jock crossed my mind today, but I sure wish they'd bring it back. Maybe I'm just living in the past, am I alone here?? I guess so lol.

0 comments: