March 11, 2008

This Week In Flops 3/11/08

It pains to put such a good album here, but as you might or might not know anything I think will sale less than 300,000 is a flop. I think Ross would have been better off keeping his original release date on the 18th and going up against fellow Poe Boy rapper Flo Rida and Danity Kane, or even better on the 25th against Day26, but I guess that's why I don't work at Def Jam lol. Rick Ross is a cool dude and this Trilla album bangs, but I think with Snoop and Fat Joe drawing away from his sales he'll fall into the 175-225k range, which isn't bad might I add lol. Hopefully does better and I'll be in Circuit City coppin' mine this Friday.

This is another hard album that I hate to see here, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Now, minus the Papoose fight and G-Unit mixtape promotion I'd put Joey in about the 60-75k range going off the buzz of his single I Won't Tell, BUT having all these Hip-Hop sites and blogs on fire never hurts when it comes to sales. I think Fat Joe will do about 130-160k in his first week which is also not bad for any artist now-a-days, but even better for one on an independent label like Joe.

Who knows why Kelis has a greatest hits album seeing that she only has like 2 or 3 hits and got dropped from her label recently, but whatever. Seeing how much her actual albums sold you can't expect much from this shit so I got her doing around 5-15k. Now, this is not to say I don't like Kelis because I still thinks she's fine as hell and most likely a straight freak, but whoever had the idea to drop this (I'm sure it was Kelis) should be dropped.

This shit should probably be in Photoshop Police another than This Week In Flops, but I'll spare it for now lol. Damn, the art work is just so bad it makes me not wanna talk about it lol. Fuck it, no one knows this shit is droppin' and its a bunch of old ass shit he did before A Bay Bay (like that Rick Ross Rise To Power shit...just with much worse art work lol) so it won't sale shit regardless lol. The cover alone wouldn't even let me pick it up to read the back if I saw it in the store so I'm sure this won't do anything outside the 5-10k range.

1 comments:

Gallardo Bastardo said...

Damn, the artwork is hella bad on the Hurricane Chris joint. Nigga, I give Hurricane Chris five thousand at the most. I didn't even know Kelis had a greatest hit album coming out.