June 23, 2008

Spit Ya Game: Asher Roth (Next Eminem??)

Now, I've been hearing a lot in the past few weeks about this white kid from Philly named Asher Roth that's supposed to be spittin'. I even downloaded the his Gangsta Grillz mixtape The Greenhouse Effect myself (which I have yet to listen to but will soon), but this is the first time I've actually heard dude spit. Check him out:



Inevitably, of course, he was gonna be compared to Eminem because he is the white rapper standard, but damn did you hear dude's voice?? This man sounds JUST like Em! I'm not faulting him because of his voice, but damn! He's to Eminem what Shyne and Guerrilla Black were to Biggie, what Black Haze is to 2Pac, and what
Angelous is to Jay-Z. I dunno if that's a good or bad thing, but off that shit above he definitely gets Fiyah's seal of approval because that was ILL!

0 comments: