June 18, 2008

This Week In Flops 6/17/08

I'm back! So what did I miss?? Welp I'm gonna go scope out the internet for awhile, but first I'll give you the TWIF that I missed yesterday.

Next week will most likely be ran by Lil Wayne again depending on what Coldplay does, but whatever the case don't expect either of these 2 albums to make top 10 debuts. It would be nice if they did since they both rep Florida, but don't hold your breath.

I'm gonna have to give Blood Raw the edge in this match up because he has major label support and the reigning champion of the hood, Young Jeezy, to help him move a few units. Normally an album by this kinda rapper with this kinda promotion would do Ron Artest numbers, but because of those factors stated above I'll give him 20-30k.

I remember first hearing about 2 Pistols back in like '06 and laughing at his rap name. Now he's actually made some moves in his career and its nice to see. Don't get me wrong though, 2 Pistols is still a wack rap name but I still got respect for the rapper.

Anyway, out of the 2 rappers 2 Pistols (or "2 P" like they have to call him on the radio) has seen the most success on Billboard as his T-Pain featured She Got It peaked at #24 on the Hot 100 (damn good for a new artist), but the buzz and hype surrounding his debut release is minimal to non-existent (not "hatin'" just keepin' it real). For that, I don't see him selling anything over 10-20k.

0 comments: