June 10, 2008

This Week In Flops 6/10/08

With Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III grabbing most of the headlines Tuesday and most likely on its way to selling more than 300,000 first week, here's the leftovers and overlooked.

First up we have Plies. Probably not the best choice of release dates, but when you're a true street artist like Plies is it really doesn't matter when you drop because you're always gonna have the support. Unfortunately that strong street support usually doesn't equate into record sales. When SoundScan drops next week expect Plies to do well by the standards of today and do anywhere between 90k-110k.

N*E*R*D has never been known for big numbers, but with the success of The Neptunes as a production duo it hasn't hurt their pockets any. Not to say 2 gold albums aren't any good because I know plenty of rappers who'll never even sniff 500,000 (see the 2 albums below) let alone sell it. Whatever, this is pointless and I'm just rambling because I'm also trying to watch the game (I should've done this way earlier lol) so lets just get to the numbers lol. Seeing Sounds will probably do somewhere around 40k-60k first week.

This guy again lol. I didn't even know buddy was coming out with an album, let alone dropping it today! Its never a good idea to drop your album the same day as your boss (i.e. if Tru Life dropped on the same date as Jay-Z lol) so that's already mistake #1. I guess mistake #2 would just be dropping the album lol. Anyway, this shit obviously ain't gonna sell so I'm predicting 5k-10k.

Oh yeah and my bad for calling dude a corn yesterday, E-Rich corrected me and let me know dork is the proper word to describe homie lol.

I don't know who's working at Koch and letting JR drop all these bricks, but we need to Joe Budden or Saigon in that nigga's office lol. I don't think JR has ever sold more than 6,000 in a first week so I'm guessing he'll do 4-7k.

0 comments: