March 18, 2008

Fat Joe - Elephant In The Room (Review)

Maybe its all the white people on TV and YouTube comment racists randomly saying the N-word that made me realize this, but has anyone besides me noticed how much Fat Joe says nigga?? I mean its kool if he says it, but damn this shit is kinda excessive. I was listening to this shit like 'damn nigga chill' lol.

Anyway, this was a pretty good album. Not as good as Me, Myself, & I, but still well worth listening to. One of the best joints one here is My Conscious featuring KRS-One where Joe finally ventures outside of the normal drug references and clothing brand name droppings subject matter we've grown use to and actually spits some shit alongside one of the best. Speaking of different shit, what ever happened to that Party All The Time record with Diddy he promised us?? I guess he didn't feel as adventurous as Snoop this go 'round lol. I was actually looking forward to hearing what it sounded like, but it must've been pretty bad if they left it off of an album with only 12 songs lol. I also would've have liked to hear him go in harder against 50 on a track (you know Takeover, Ether style, K.A.R. would have been perfect for that), but we don't get that either.

Maybe this album would have been better if Joey switched shit up more, I just feel like I've heard most of these records already. He's in near desperate need of new subject matter at this point. Don't get me wrong, this album is dope as hell and better than a lot of records that dropped in the past year or so, but I know he has a classic album in him somewhere.

4/5

0 comments: