September 11, 2008

Kanye West - Love Lockdown

Finally, here it is! Unfortunately, I'm not at work so I can't download it and bring it home at least or even upload it to DivShare. Oh well, you know I'm always gonna look out so here's some links for your enjoyment:

Okay, I went to work, downloaded the track, and brought it home and my verdict is in. You can read what I think under the link.

Kanye West - Love Lockdown

Tell me how the official version sounds, I'll be back later to envy you because you can hear it and I can't lol.

What the fuck is this shit?!? I mean man, what happened?? On the VMAs this sounded track sounded epic, like some of that real stadium status shit he talked about on Graduation, but this shit here sounds fucked! This shit sounds like it was recorded in the 1950s, and just in case you were wondering, no that's NOT a good thing. And what is going on with the hook?? You can't even make out what he's saying.

I can't believe it, I really can't. This from the man who penned and produced Jesus Walks, Roses, All Falls Down, Drive Slow, Two Words, and many other classic records has reduced himself to this. How could he have let this out of the studio??
I almost feel bad for him because not only has he lost his lovely mother and fiance, but he's obviously lost his mojo so no I will NOT be checking for this 808 & Heartbreak album.

On a side note, I read somewhere that he's gonna do the whole album with the auto-tune (aka the I'm-dick-ridin-T-Pain-&-I-like-it) effect. Also, the album will be released on something called Pendulum Records and not Def Jam and is more like a side project than a real album. Either way I ain't fuckin' with it and y'all know I'm one of the biggest Kanye fans out there.

0 comments: