September 02, 2008

This Week In Flops 9/2/08

If you wanna make your own picks and challenge me just leave them in the comments & I'll post them and we'll see who comes out on top when the numbers come in next Thursday.

On Jeezy's first 2 albums the buzz wasn't huge, but he had 2 major showings. I don't think he'll be so lucky this time though his first week numbers will still be impressive by most standards. I'm guessing The Recession does just under 200,000 and falls somewhere in the 185k-200k range.

Execs all across the industry need to take notes from Diddy on how NOT to have your albums leak early. Even though Donnie's album isn't in high demand, that shit sure didn't leak and the same can be said about Day26's debut and Danity Kane's sophomore LP. I dunno how he does it, but take notes. Anyway, I know nothing about this album, but something tells me its gonna flop HARD! I think Puff's best bet was to drop this back in March with DK and Day26 when Bad Boy was hot. I don't see this album doing anything outside of 40k-60k

First things first, why is this album titled "Back By Blockular Demand: Serve & Collect II" instead of the logical "Serve & Collect II: Back By Blockular Demand"?? Make no sense to me, but whatever. Anyway, their first album Serve & Collect did 12,000 in its first week and I expect about the same thing time so I'm gonna go with 8k-15k.

Question: do we care that Terrence Howard is dropping an album?? No disrespect to him, but I don't know anything about this project, nor have I heard one song or seen one piece of a video. Its hard for me to guess this one so I'm just gonna go low and say 5k-15k. Hopefully I'm close, but I doubt it lol.

0 comments: