July 01, 2010

Big Boi - Tangerine/You Ain't No DJ/Lookin' 4 Ya

Big Boi
Here are the last few leaks off of Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty which hits stores this Tuesday July 6th (and hit the internets a couple days ago).


Pretty dope song. The hook gets on the verge of being annoying by the end of the song, but i have no real complaints outside of that. T.I. sounded like he was in 2002 again, and that's always welcomed.


I'm sure Big didn't gain any DJ friends with this one because these kinda "DJs" make up at least 60% of people who put "DJ" in front of their nickname. Anyway, Yelawolf's first verse was on the wacker side of things, but he makes up for it in the 3rd verse that he and Big split in half. Could've been better, but good enough.

(Side note: Yela's flow sounded A LOT like Mystikal in that 3rd verse. I like.)


A snippet of this dropped at some point in 2009, and I thought I posted it, but after checking my archives the results are negative. Whatever, I'm glad to have the whole track because it's definitely a heater. I love it, especially Dre's verse.

Related:
Big Boi - Shutterbugg
Big Boi - Shine Blockas (feat. Gucci Mane)
Big Boi Speaks On Freestyling