May 19, 2009

50 Cent - Ok, You're Right (Prod. by Dr. Dre)

http://content.onsmash.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/50centokyoureright-386x499.jpg
Here's the new first single from Before I Self Destruct.

50 Cent - Ok, You're Right (Prod. by Dr. Dre)

Okay, can I be honest?? This shit is NOT first single material. Hell, this shit isn't even album material unless its either the first or second track. Its very generic and it brings nothing interesting to the table. The beat isn't overtly hot and I can pretty much assure you now that this hook will never get stuck in my head.

Is 50 on Dre's shit list now or something?? This shit is no better than Get Up and is no where near as hot as Get It In. I pray this is a joke.

You know what record labels need now-a-days?? A guy like me to sit in on studio session with their top Hip-Hop acts. There are clearly too many "yes men" in the industry so these artists aren't getting fair opinions on their music and its fuckin' up results. If you have a guy like me in the studio there is NO WAY we're finishing this record. As soon as he laid the hook down I would've been like "CUT!" And you know what?? I love Hip-Hop so much that I'd do this job FOR FREE! You hear that Interscope?? You hear that Jive?? You hear that every record label in America?? I'm willing to take time out of my life to help you get better product on the streets for FREE! Holla at me and your days of artists losing respect and credibility on the streets for dropping wack shit will be a thing of the past.

On another note, this just makes Rick Ross look even worse that he couldn't take out a guy who put this out as his first single lol.