May 27, 2009

Bad News Coming From The Cowboys OTAs

http://images.morris.com/images/lubbock/mdControlled/cms/2008/12/27/371461121.jpg
ESPN.com NFC East blogger Matt Mosley visited the Dallas Cowboys yesterday and I can't say I'm happy with what he's reporting. Apparently even after them allegedly working out together everyday, Tony Romo and Roy Williams still aren't quite on the same page yet.

"Tony Romo and Roy Williams are not ready for prime time. In seven-on-seven drills, they failed to connect twice. Then they had another ball fall harmlessly to the ground in team drills. They're not on the same page at all. I just wanted to throw that out there because I keep seeing all these stories about the wonderful "offseason chemistry" that's forming between the players. I haven't seen any evidence of that."

Matt Mosley is still a moron who only bashes the Cowboys because people started calling him a homer, but this first hand account is nothing to be happy about. At the same time, these are just OTAs and training camp doesn't start until the end of July. Then again, if they can't connect on 7-on-7 drills, I don't know how they'll fare once the pads come on. I can only hope Romo's chemistry with Miles Austin and Sam Hurd is better than it is with T.O.'s alleged replacement.

SOURCE