May 13, 2009

Kanye West v. Twitter

For starters I wanna say Twitter did indeed heed Kanye's request and took down the fake Kanye Twitter account. Now to the rant...

Check out ya boy, Kanye going in on "losers" making fake Yeezy Twitter accounts:

I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TWITTER... WHY WOULD I USE TWITTER??? I ONLY BLOG 5 PERCENT OF WHAT I'M UP TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. I'M ACTUALLY SLOW DELIVERING CONTENT BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY ACTUALLY BUSY BEING CREATIVE MOST OF THE TIME AND IF I'M NOT AND I'M JUST LAYING ON A BEACH I WOULDN'T TELL THE WORLD. EVERYTHING THAT TWITTER OFFERS I NEED LESS OF. THE PEOPLE AT TWITTER KNOW I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TWITTER SO FOR THEM TO ALLOW SOMEONE TO POSE AS ME AND ACCUMULATE OVER A MILLION NAMES IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND DECEITFUL TO THERE FAITHFUL USERS. REPEAT... THE HEADS OF TWITTER KNEW I DIDN'T HAVE A TWITTER AND THEY HAVE TO KNOW WHICH ACCOUNTS HAVE HIGH ACTIVITY ON THEM. IT'S A FUCKING FARCE AND IT MAKES ME QUESTION WHAT OTHER SO CALLED CELEBRITY TWITTERS ARE ACTUALLY REAL OR FAKE. HEY TWITTER, TAKE THE SO CALLED KANYE WEST TWITTER DOWN NOW .... WHY? ... BECAUSE MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS LOUD!!!!!!!!! Via Kanye's Blog

Kanye makes a couple of great outs: 1) He actually has a blog, why would he need a Twitter?? At this point, would Kanye really need to Twitter to get people to come to his website?? I think not. 2) Twitter is fuckin' retarded. Okay, he didn't make that last point, but I'm gonna make it for him.

I'm not mad at the people at Twitter for fooling people into thinking Twittering is cool, I'm mad at the idiots who got fooled into thinking Twittering is cool. If you're a celebrity it serves no purpose because do you really wanna 1) overexpose yourself or 2) risk saying something that alienates your fanbase (See Asher Roth)?? If you're a corporation like the NBA or CNN it serves no purpose because you're already represented all over TV and the internet. If you're a regular person it serves no because no one cares what you have to say or what you're doing at 3:36pm.

After all this Twitter shit has blown up, the only person who I've found it even remotely interesting to follow is Bill Simmons. That's the list. That's it. Bill get it and doesn't post foolery about what he's doing because he knows no one cares. And I don't need to join Twitter to follow him, I can just save his page in my Favorites. End of story lol.