May 27, 2009

Idiocracy 101: Victim Hamilton Attempts To Explain His Music's Poor Sound Quality

STYLED ON!
(Still gotta love this timeless classic .gif lol.)

I was checking out illseed's Rumors on AHH earlier and I saw a response Victim Hamilton sent in to ill's post yesterday that someone sent him saying Interscope hated his album. Well this is isn't his whole response, but this part was the most interesting to me. Check out Vic trying to make sense of his poor sound quality:

As far as sound quality, they don't understand it.

"This Perfect Life" was professionally mixed, but in the mastering, I did things a little bit different. Each song was ran into vinyl, before digitally remastering each vinyl-ly mastered song, before mastering the album together as a whole. So you hear actual dust from the record.

So it sounds a lot older than it really is.

Quite literally, you hear the needle drop on the record.

The point of me doing that is, the mainstream way of presenting music is getting old. Yeah I know, "Charles this mix sounds like crap." That's kinda the point. You have to LISTEN. The points I bring up with this album on every song go beyond the 30 second sound-byte of a ringtone. There are solutions to problems that we all face that need to be heard.

So we're to believe Charles Hamilton is in the studio making decisions on how he wants his msuic mixed and mastered?? Right!

Okay, even if that really is the reason his sound quality is so shitty and his music never sounds mixed, then why do it?? He acknowledges people saying his mixes sound like shit, again, then why do it?? This guy thinks the point of making music is to make the beats sound bad so they'll listen to what he's saying??

The objective of being a music artist is to garner fans and make them want to hear your music, not turn them away because you think the "point" is to make your shit sound crappy. I mean really, that's the point?? That's the most retarded logic I've heard since James Harrison turned down a trip to the White House lol. I don't get it. Why would I want to hear what you'll have to say more because your beat isn't CDQ?? I know if I turn on a track and the sound is on some 48kbps shit, I'm turning it off, not trying harder to hear what the person is saying. That's the reason Vic's tracks are so skippable and everyone thinks he's a lame. Now, I'm not saying he should do it, but he should at least consider killing himself lol. This clown is destined to be a rapper that never made it.