May 19, 2009

Random News Shit: SportsCenter Edition

Buffalo Bills' Terrell Owens runs with the ball during football practice inside the fieldhouse at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y. , Monday, May 18, 2009.
1) T.O. Arrives In Buffalo For OTAs!
Did you see that catch in the video?!?! I know its just practice, but that shit makes me mad at what the Cowboys gave away for nothing. Sad.

2) Jon Gruden Replacing Tony Kornheiser On MNF
Because of Kornheiser's fear of flying?? Riiiight! Lets keep it real, Kornheiser never played football or coached football and people didn't like that so they dropped him for Gruden. I remember hearing complaints about him not being a pure football guy like a year ago so this is really no surprise. I never understood that argument either because Jaws was the football guy and Kornheiser was there to say entertaining shit like he does on PTI.

Oh well, I just can't wait for football season to return. Monday Night Football kicks out Sept. 14th when T.O. and the Bills visit Tom Brady and the Pats at 7pm.

3) NBA, WWE Grapple Over Pepsi Center Scheduling Conflict
If I played for the Nuggets I'd be PISSED! The ownership of the team basically just told us they didn't believe we'd make this far by scheduling an event in our building back in August '08. That's just sad.

4) Appeals Court Sides With Redskins Over Trademark
This is especially funny because my friend Meschac and I were JUST talking about how its crazy how they use Native Americans as mascots Saturday. Its blatantly racist and really ridiculous, if you ask me, but that's business I guess.

5) NFL, Comcast Resolve NFL Network Dispute
How about they just put it on basic cable so regular niggas like me can watch?? I think that would be best ;-).