May 24, 2009

Swarzak!

Rickards' Finest lol
Aight, so I'm sitting on the computer this morning and as usual my TV was on ESPN. I wasn't really watching it, but I was listening as SportsCenter played and then all of a sudden I hear someone say, "Anthony Swarzak making his first major league start." I turn around to see the TV and there's my old classmate Anthony Ray Swarzak pitching in the fuckin' majors!

We went to Rickards Middle school together from '97-'00 and I really can't say I'm surprised to see this day come for him (our basketball team might not have been the greatest, but our baseball team was straight whuppin' ass back in the day lol). Now, I'm not saying we were the closest or best of friends, but its pretty cool to see somebody you know on SportsCenter.

Anyway, he was just called up from AAA on the 20th to come play for the Minnesota Twins and he's won his first major league start 6-2 after going 7 innings and Prince Fielder and the Brewers. Swarzak's next scheduled start is this Thursday against the Josh Beckett and the Red Sox. Good luck.

SOURCE