May 19, 2009

This Week In Flops 5/19/09

Normally, I don't list album that I think will sell over 250,000 units (had to lower it from 300,000 because no one was missing the cut lol), but Relapse is an except because by Eminem's bar is so high, there is no way he can do what he would've done 5-10 years ago in this climate (unless of course Interscope pulls a Carter 3 and buys most of the albums themselves lol). My guess for Relapse is 400-450k, though I could easily see him going over 500,000. Either way he'll have the #1 album regradless and according to Rick Ross, that's more important than what you actually sold lol.

Anyway, check out my review of this album if you haven't already.

Def Jam is really doing Red & Meth a disservice by making them drop an album the same day as Eminem. I guess this is some get back for them waiting 10 years to drop another album though lol. My prediction for Blackout! 2 is 50-80k.

Another rapper done a disservice by his label is Busta Rhymes. Why continuously push his album back and then land it on the same date Eminem makes his return?? After all the push backs you're telling me they couldn't move him a week or 2 in either direction?? Fucked up.

Anyway, I'm gonna put Busta in the 45-65k range.

(BTW, my review WILL be up later today so be on the look out.)

I'm still in disbelief that this album is coming out today even though I have it on my computer right now. There isn't even a Wikipedia page for this shit, let alone a first single or video. I just feel bad for Freeway so I'm not even gonna bother guessing because 1) I'm not convinced it'll be in stores 2) the number would be too disrespectful.

http://i42.tinypic.com/347k2no.jpg
This Sheek album is in the same boat as the Freeway album, I know its real because I have it on my computer, but there is no real real info to be found on this project anywhere. I'll pass on the guess.

Killah Priest: The Exorcist album cover art
Okay, enough of that passing shit, I'm ready to make a guess for this one. No disrespect to Priest, but I'm gonna rock with 500-2k.