May 23, 2009

Hedo Left One Second Too Many

The King
Hedo Turkoglu hits a 2-point jumper to give his team the 95-93 lead. Game over, right?? Wrong! Hedo left one second for the LeBrons to work with and the ringleader made them pay, burying a 23-foot (yeah I know, crazy coincidence lol) three-point shot at the buzzer.

I'll be honest with you, when I saw Mo Williams was inbounding the ball I automatically had a flash back to the Trevor Ariza steal from Game 1 of the Lakers/Nuggets series. But it all worked out and instead of going down 0-2 heading to Orlando this Sunday, they even up the series 1-1. Makes you wonder what would've happened had he not passed the shot up in Game 1? Oh well.

Anyway, I'm glad the Magic lost because I now fuckin' hate Hedo Turkoglu. I play ESPN's Streak For The Cash and tonights 8:30pm bet was "More Points: Hedo vs. Mo Williams." I did a bunch of research and number crunching and finally decided to go with Mo despite Hedo averaging more points in the playoffs because I figured Mo would have a huge bounce back game after Wednesday's dud (not to mention even with that dud in the first game he still outscored Hedo 17-15). Wrong! He started out strong scoring 9 to Hedo's 0 in the first quarter, but after that he went ice cold. In the 2nd half, not only did Hedo catch him, but he even passed him at one point before that last shot.

Mo hits a runner in the lane with about 1 or 2 minutes left to take a 19-17 lead. Hedo comes down and hits a shot to match him at 19. Just when I thought the bet would end up being a push, the Magic get the ball to Hedo with 13.7 left for the last shot. He nails it leaving just one sec to take a 21-19 lead and break my streak. I felt dead. Matter of fact, I am dead. Bye.