May 15, 2009

Yung Joc Sues Diddy & Block Entertainment

Its not gonna come as any surprise to any of my regular readers, but I'm not huge Yung Joc fan (I know, shocking stuff lol). Well today might be the first step to me checking out for dude because he's decided to sue both Bad Boy and Block Entertainment for not cutting the check (we all know Diddy has not been paying niggas for years lol). Check out what Joc told Billboard.com:

"I haven't been paid any royalties since I've been out, after over a million albums sold," says Yung Joc. "For my first album, they gave me a $25,000 advance when I was supposed to get more...Then I had a million dollar budget for my second album, never even got an advance off of it. For the third one they hit me with another $25,000, like I'm some chump in this shit. And I just got tired of it."

While Yung Joc says his main grievance is with Block Entertainment, the company that brought him to Bad Boy Records, he also expressed anger over his label's lack of support. "Diddy said he's got to stay out of it because it's between me and Block Entertainment," Yung Joc explains. "I was never signed to Block Entertainment, but they've been interfering with a lot of my business. I feel like [Bad Boy] isn't doing anything to try to intervene and help the situation."

This again goes to show that these rappers don't be paid like they want you to believe. Anyway, I'm glad that he's doing this because like I said earlier, Diddy hasn't been paying niggas for years though Joc claims his biggest complaint is with Block. From D-Block to Black Rob to G. Dep to Loon, Diddy ain't wanna pay none of them niggas which is why they all broke today outside of D-Block. Good shit Joc.

SOURCE