January 11, 2011

Jay-Z & Kanye West - H.A.M.

H.A.M.
Here it is, the first single off Watch The Throne. Let's do it:


Okay, now it's time for the real break down of H.A.M. First and foremost, I do NOT approve of the use of the term "ham" in any other context than as a food that's honey baked with those delicious pineapple slices on top. I'm not a hypocrite, I didn't like it when Soulja Boy started saying it, and I don't like it now that Kanye and Jay-Z are saying it.

Let's now move on to the beat. Hot as fuck! Lex Luger definitely laid down the base of it, but the Opera shit throughout and the stings in the hook were all Kanye. No, I don't have any proof of that, but come on, who else would think to put Opera on this type of beat besides Kanye West?? Exactly.

Is there even any point of discussing the lyrics?? Anybody with a half of a sense of taste in Hip-Hop knows Yeezy and Hov both ripped it. If you care to contest this fact, as the late, great Pimp C would say, "Suck a thousand wee-wees and die."

Speaking of the verses, how long before people start taking Jay-Z rapping, "I'm like really half a billi, nigga really. You got Baby money. Keep it real with niggas, niggas ain't got my lady's money," as a shot at Lil Wayne?? You can't even set an over/under for it because I'm sure some loser is already starting the campaign on AllHipHop.com's message board as we speak.

Lastly, as I said last night, this shit is so Hip-Hop Czar approved and if you don't like this song, it's you, not them. Trust me.