January 13, 2011

Random News Shit: Entertainment Edition

XXL
1) Eminem Signs Slaughterhouse And Yelawolf
Rumors have been swirling about Slaughterhouse signing with Shady Records since they dropped their self-titled debut album in 2009, so I'm not too surprised they were finally signed up. But Yelawolf? I had no idea he was even in discussion with Shady. I feel like I should've saw it coming though, they're basically of the same ilk, so it makes sense Em would be attracted to him when he heard him.

Well, hopefully this rebuilding of Shady Records goes better than the first phase (Obie Trice and Stat Quo) and definitely better than the second phase (Bobby Creekwater and Cashis). Then again, having Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf (2 already established acts) is a different horse than trying to bring along relative unknowns.

(Side note: I wonder if it's gonna be awkward when Joell Ortiz encounters Dr. Dre??)

2) Kanye West Does NOT Buy $180k Watch...Of Kanye West
**UPDATE**
According to Yeezy, he did NOT buy this watch. Darn, I thought my take on it was pretty good too. I blame AllHipHop.

Let's be honest, if anybody was gonna buy a $180,000 watch of themselves, it was gonna be Kanye West. Also, if anybody was gonna buy a $180,000 watch of Kanye West, it was gonna be Kanye West. Either way, no one should be shocked, stunned, or surprised.

Okay, take a look at this bad boy:


Kanye Watch

3) "The Game" Returns To 7.7 Million Viewers

It would be simple to say, "If all you fans of 'The Game' watched it on the CW, you wouldn't have had to wait all this time for season 4." That is true, but it's not that simple. I don't think "The Game" started building a real following until BET started showing re-runs of it all day.

For example, my uncle was in prison when "The Game" started in 2006, but he became a fan of the show after coming home and watching the re-runs on BET. Now, I'm not saying everyone was in prison in 2006, but obviously if its fanbase was as massive then as it is now, it would've never gotten canned in the first place.

And with that being said, you know the fine folks at the CW are looking so sick right now lol.

4) MySpace Slashes Its Staff In Half
I guess when Tom realized him starting the rumor that Facebook was closing in March didn't help, he knew this had to be done.