January 21, 2011

Keith Olbermann Leaves MSNBC

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Wow, and just like that, it's all over."Countdown With Keith Olbermann" is now a thing of the past, with tonight's episode being Keith's last. I'm not surprised he's leaving and/or was asked to leave, but I am a bit stunned by the suddenness of it. I mean, if I knew this was his last show, I would've watched the whole thing, and not the 6 or 7 minutes I caught tonight.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how they fill Keith's 8pm time slot. Do they bump Rachel Maddow up an hour, or move Chris Matthews back an hour? Or do you put a whole other, new program there? It's hard to imagine someone, other than Keith, being able to battle Bill O'Reilly in that time slot, but that's the task MSNBC and Comcast now face.

SOURCE