January 31, 2011

Random News Shit: SportsCenter Edition

Vick
1) Eagles To Franchise Vick; Shop Kolb
As a Cowboys fan, I hate this, but as a football fan, I agree with the Eagles decision to put their franchise tag on Michael Vick. Of course there's going to have to be a CBA in place before they can do anything, but if there is still a franchise tag when the dust settles, might as well use it on Vick. I would still try to keep Kevin Kolb as insurance, but if the guy wants to get a shot to start somewhere else, I'm fine with them seeking a trade.

Can NFL teams make 3-team trades?? I've never heard of it being done, but if they can, I don't see why the Eagles, Titans, and a 3rd team that needs a QB wouldn't enter a 3-teamer that would land Kolb in Tennessee, Vince Young on the 3rd team needing a QB, and draft picks for Philly.

2) Kevin Durant Calls Out Chris Bosh
"I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his 2 cents into it. I'm a quiet guy, a laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now, so he thinks he can talk a little bit....There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them."

Chris Bosh is a fake tough guy?? Chris will probably take that as a compliment because I'm sure that's the first time his name and "tough" as been brought up in the same breath.

Look, it's nice KD allegedly stuck up for his teammate, but calling out the kind and cuddly Chris Bosh doesn't impress me. Especially when your team loss.

3) Maurkice Pouncey Out For The Super Bowl
This matters, but not really. The Steelers ARE going to win the Super Bowl, so at the end of the day, Pouncey's absence will be a non-factor.

Now I need to figure out if I will even bother writing a NFL Winners & Losers column for Friday because I'm 100% positive the Packers are going to lose. Well, we'll see.

4) Pacers Fire Jim O'Brien
Hands up if you knew Jim O'Brien was still coaching in the NBA.

*crickets*

Just as I figured.

5) Cavs Lose 20th Straight Game
Damn, it was all good just a Decision ago.

Oh well, see you in Miami tonight guys!

6) O.J. Mayo Blames Positive Test On Energy Drink
Skimming that article, I didn't see the name of said energy drink. If it was just a run of the mill energy drink, I say reduce the suspension, but if it was a Four Loko, I say tack on 10 more games. You don't deserve a game check if you drink Four Lokos.