January 11, 2011

Zack O'Malley Greenburg: Jay-Z Subliminal Diss Uncover-er

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 04:  Jay-Z performs live on the Main Stage during Day 3 of the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park on July 4, 2010 in London, England.
A wise man once said Jay-Z's lyrics on H.A.M. would be misconstrued as a shot at Lil Wayne...but he didn't know it'd be by Zack O'Malley Greenburg of Forbes.com! Check your boy Z to the O.G. out:

Zack O.G.
What's funnier, someone named Zack O'Malley Greenburg talking Hip-Hop or that fact that his last 2 initials are O.G.? I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards the latter. Anyhow, I was expecting this from some loser on a message board, or a bum blogger looking to make a splash, not a (presumably) nice (presumably) Jewish staff writer from Forbes.

You know what though? I can't front on Zack O.G., and neither can you. Of course his name sounds funny in the context of Hip-Hop, but on top of writing a blog for Forbes.com, he has also authored a biography on the god MC.

That's right, O.G.'s book "Empire State Of Mind: How Jay-Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office" hits stores March 17th (but you can pre-order it now on Amazon)! As much as a Jay-Z superfan as I am, I can't say I've written a book about him and got it published. Big Pimpin' indeed.

BUT, as much as I am now down with Z to the izz-A, C to the izz-K, I've already deemed those Hov lyrics to be a Lil Wayne diss-free. The Hip-Hop Czar has spoken! Case closed.

(Side note: Check out Zack's blog on Forbes.com or hit him up on Twitter @zogblog. Oh, and all pleas for him to help me get a job at Forbes doing anything short of mopping floors are greatly appreciated.)