September 28, 2009

Random News Shit: NFL Edition

Poor Chad
1) Chad Pennington Out For Season
And at this point you have to wonder if he's done for his career because this is far from his first injury. Its kinda sad because I've never heard one bad thing about they guy.

Now the question is where does this leave the Dolphins?? The Chad Henne era is now under way so we can see what the kid has to offer. After he got that first interception out of his system, he didn't look half bad and led his team on a touchdown drive. This might turn out to be a good thing because Henne may be able to open up the passing game a bit more than Pennington could. I mean at the end of the day the Dolphins still have the hardest schedule in the league so I'm not expecting much from them either way.

2) Marion Barber Inactive Verses Panthers
No surprise here. I'm actually glad because I didn't want him to make the quad worse. I hope Felix and Tashard are ready to go, but I'm sure they are. I'm guessing Tash is going to start and Felix is gonna remain in his same role, but we shall see.

3) Leftwich Benched
Not only did he get benched in the game against the Giants yesterday, but he's down to third on the depth chart. I can't be too mad at the Bucs for doing this though because Leftwich had only thrown for like 22 yards before he got yanked. He and JaMarcus Russell are making black quarterbacks look BAD.