September 10, 2009

Random News Shit: Pop Culture Edition

Ellen On A.I.
1) Ellen DeGeneres To Become 4th Judge On American Idol
What's a better way to start off Random News Shit than a story about Ellen DeGeneres becoming a judge on American Idol!

Okay, there's 2 reasons why this is dumb and one reason why its smart. The reason its smart is because Ellen makes so much money off of her talk show that she probably won't demand to be paid as much as the other judges like Paula.

Now, its also dumb because 1) Ellen isn't a musician or songwriter of any sorts that I know of so people will be pissed by her unqualifiedness (yeah that's a new Fiyah word you won't find in the dictionary lol) and 2) she's replacing Paula and not Kara. I liked Paula but the jury is still out on Kara because she's taking speaking time away from Simon and not funny like Ellen. I mean at least Ellen would be saying something funny in the time she's taking from Simon, Kara is just wack.

Good luck to you Ellen.

2) Janet Jackson To Preform MJ Tribute At VMAs Sunday
Oh yeah the VMAs are Sunday, huh? Luckily for them I have no vested interest in watching every snap of the Packers/Bears game so I'll be checking for this. I know its gonna be the shit! Then again, after last year's show, it can't get any worse.

Anyway, I heard that Janet was gonna be opening up the show with the tribute so it should be a good look. Watch everybody talk about how much better the the VMA's MJ tirbutes were than the BET Awards ones even though MTV has had 2 and a half months to prepare lol.

I also heard Jay-Z was gonna be performing Empire State Of Mind with Alicia Keys so look for that too.

3) MJ Movie "This Is It" Trailer To Debuts on VMAs
I didn't even know they were making this movie. Oh well I'll see what its about but I probably won't wanna see it because its still too soon. I'm sorry, I just get that way about people who die. For example, I still haven't seen Soul Men because Bernie Mac is in it and he's been dead for over a year now. Its not you, its me lol.

4) Soulja Boy Wants To Collab With Jay-Z & Eminem
Don't wait up SB

'Nuff said.

5) Uncensored Version Of "Gia" To Be Re-Released
Oooh this is a good look! I loooooved this movie! Then again, what 13 year-old kid in 1998 wouldn't?? HBO was so good to me back then. Awww the good ol' days. Angelina will always have a special place in my heart because of this and that other movie she did back then and showed her boobies in. I think it had Fire in the title, but I'm too lazy to Google it right now lol.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this scene! I mean it won't be as powerful as it would've been to me if it was still '98, but I'd still like to see it. No word on when this is coming out just yet though, but speaking of nudity...

6) Hugh Hefner Files for Divorce
I swear I didn't even know Hef was married lol. They've been separated since 1998! I know old people move slow but this takes it to a whole other level.

Oh well, Hef can do no wrong in my eyes because he's such an OG at this point.