September 17, 2009

Thursday Billboard Update - 9/17/09

BP3
No surprise here, Jay-Z claims his 11th #1 album as Blueprint 3 tops the charts with a whooping 476,100 sold in its first week. Obviously he murdered my prediction from last week, but I should've revamped it after my struggle to find a copy this past Saturday. The 1st Target I went had none, they called another and they had 1, and the other they called after that had 14. Yeah, I should've saw the big week coming.

Hov wasn't alone debuting in the top 10, Raekwon's long awaited Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2 debuts at #4 with 67,900 sold.

Numbers 1-6 are exactly the same as last week, and the only odd man out the top 10 is our boy Drake and his Best I Ever Had.

The Billboard 200 1-10
first week debuts in bold

1. Jay-Z - Blueprint 3 (1)
2. Miley Cyrus - The Time Of Our Lives (2-2)
3. Whitney Houston - I Look To You (1-3)
4. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2 (4)
5. Brooks & Dunn - #1s... And Then Some (5)

6. Trey Songz - Ready (3-6)
7. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. (11-7)
8. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk (8)
9. Kings of Leon - Only By The Night (7-9)
10. Taylor Swift - Fearless (10-10)
  • While Jay-Z is killin' em with Blueprint 3 over on Atlantic, Def Jam didn't want to be left out and released a compilation of Blueprint and Blueprint 2 tracks called Blueprint Collector's Edition and it debuted at #30 with 14,000 sold.
The Billboard Hot 100 1-10
first time top 10's in bold

1. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling (1-1)
2. Jay Sean - Down (2-2)
3. Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A. (3-3)
4. Jay-Z - Run This Town (4-4)
5. Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody (5-5)
6. Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me (6-6)
7. Jason Rulo - Whatcha Say (10-7)
8. Mariah Carey - Obsessed (7-8)
9. Pitbull - Hotel Room Service (8-9)
10. Cobra Starship - Good Girls Go Bad (13-10)
  • Weird ass Lady GaGa's Paparazzi soars 26 spots 44-18. I believe that's the song she preformed on the VMAs, but I'm not sure because I flipped the TV when all the gay dudes in the tights pranced out.
  • Now, I'm positive Jay-Z and Alicia Keys performed Empire State Of Mind on the VMAs and it debuts at #50 this week. (I feel like I should've randomly placed Lil Mama's name into that last sentence a couple times.)
  • Speaking of random placings, Gucci Mane's Wasted with Plies skies 43 spots 95-52.
  • Jay-Z debuts a 2nd track from Blueprint 3 just 25 spots after the last one. This time its Young Forever with Mr Hudson... and in no way, shape, or form involves Lil Mama.