October 13, 2009

Baby Making Season Approaches...

Thicke
Not all this will be baby making R&B, but I just felt like posting some new R&B so lets go!


What they know about my dude Thicke?! This shit is HOT! The beat was probably just a little too loud in this version, but I still love it anyway. Its just about pregnancy season so hopefully there's a full-length album coming to go with this track. I think I'm gonna have to go find my Evolution Of Robin Thicke CD to jam on the way to work today.


Damn I love these soul singers from the UK! Amy, Adele, Joss, Duffy, these girls are BAD! Young black girls trying to be R&B singers you are all on notice, step your game up! These UK chicks are bringing more soul to the table and we invented this shit.

Anyway, this song is stupid hot! How hot, you may be asking? So hot that I wouldn't even mind if Nas' verse was left off! Now that's hot!


The skycap concept was a bit of a stretch, but I love the vibe of this song. This might be a monster once it gets mixed down and everything. Timbo could've not said anything on the track, but I didn't mind it that much so its all good.


So there is still a real artist inside of R. Kelly somewhere. Hearing Kellz making a joint like this is refreshing because I was getting tired of him riding T-Pain and The-Dream's coattail like he wasn't that nigga in the R&B for a solid decade. Its not quite Chocolate Factory shit yet, but he's getting warmer. We really need him to get back in the studio and finish that song Baby Girl with Pharrell if he hasn't already!


Another song about Rihanna?? He only about 3 or 4 leaked songs into a comeback and half them shits either been about Rihanna or can be interpreted to be about Rihanna. I think he might be in the "Puff Daddy after he loss J. Lo" zone right now so maybe we should just prepare ourselves for more songs of this ilk.

Whatever, this nigga still has a terrible singing voice to me either.


Now I very well could've heard it wrong, but a little after 2 minutes in, did T-Pain say he was in booty dance contests in 1994 and the crowd cheered him on??

Here's the lyric:

"I wish, we could go, back to 1994! With the booty dance-offs, all on the boulevard. And they be like, 'Go T-Pain, do your G thang'..."

Again, I could be totally wrong, but that sounds like what he said to me lol.


Nigga this shit is terrible lol. Hoodies were hot in like were 2006-2007, its 2009 and damn near 2010! Its too soon to try to bring them back. Making this wack ass song ain't gonna help the cause either lol.