October 21, 2007

I Won't Love You To Death: The Mario Story of Mario and His Mom

So I'm watching MTV tonight and there's this show on about Mario and his mom called I Won't Love You To Death: The Mario Story of Mario and His Mom. On first look, before I heard the title, I thought it was just gonna be some shit like Diary or something, but it turns out that dude's mom is on heroin! I never knew that, and its really crazy to see because when you think about your average singer or rapper you don't think about their parent(s) at home using drugs while they are out working.

One of the craziest things is that this whole documentary is taking place in June over the same time he was prepping his new album and released a video for How Do I Breathe. I don't know how you can concentrate on your job when you know your mom is at home using drugs, but that's their journey. At the same time, what are you gonna do about it? Are you gonna disassociate yourself from your mother? Just tell her to stop? That's your mom, what can you do??

The whole time I just felt bad for the man, but he finally said enough is enough and had an intervention with his mom and had her sent to rehab. Here comes the shocker: before she left for rehab she tells Mario she needs a "fix"...and he actually gives her money! I was like 'what the hell is that?!' Why would you directly support what's tearing yall apart?? I know its hard to say no to the person who raised you, but at some point you have to draw a line. Then she, as any addict would, takes the money and the MTV cameras to her dealer to buy her heroin. After she got her heroin, she actually has the nerve to basically do the shit right in front of Mario's face! I don't know how long she's been using, but she's obviously got it bad.

Anyway, she ends up going to rehab, and now I guess all is well. I still feel bad for him because I have NO idea what I'd do in that situation... hell, I couldn't even imagine having to go through that. Overall, it was a pretty good show, but who knows why MTV was showing it at 10pm on a Sunday night when you can turn on to see Tila Tequila's retarded ass show at pretty much anytime during the day. Its all good though, I'm glad I caught it and I hope, for Mario's sake, that his mom now realizes how much she's fuckin' up.

Here's the trailer for the show that I'm pretty much sure none of you saw because I know I sure as hell didn't lol:



Peace!

0 comments: