October 21, 2007

Idiocracy 101: Bossip Is Full Of Comedians...I Mean, That WAS A Joke, Right??

Seriously, these lil niggas are hilarious! I went on their site to get some new pics for my blog (which is all they're really good for anyway) and I see the headline Jay-Z Says He Will Never Retire, Disses Lil Wayne so of course I check it out and this is what I saw:

Joe Camel recently told XXL he will never retire and Lil Wayne should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as him.

We think Jay-Z should fall back on the rap game and just leave the game as a legend. His last album was garbage, Lil Wayne got the old man beat right now, lyrically that is.
Now, I respect everyone's opinion, but... fuck it, I really don't so I'm not gonna front, the second sentence of the second paragraph is fuckin' retarded lol. Whoever wrote that couldn't have been serious, no way! Read that shit back to yourself again, and REALLY let the stupidity of what this genius just said sink in. Jay-Z's album was garbage, and Lil Wayne has him beat lyrically, hilarious! No one can honestly say Kingdom Come was garbage AND that Lil Wayne is better than Jay-Z at ANY facet of making music life, with a straight face, IMPOSSIBLE! Lil Wayne has Jay-Z beat lyrically?? LMAO!!! What the hell are they listening to?? Seriously, what are they listening to because I've obviously never heard it. At no point in the history of EVER has Lil Wayne had Jay-Z beat...IN ANYTHING. When did dropping half-ass verses on other people's tracks even make you eligible to be better than the best?? It's not like we're talking about Common or Andre 3000 or Scarface here, we're talking about Lil Wayne lol.

The thing that really kills me is how much props Jay was giving Wayne throughout the entire excerpt, and that quote above was all Bossip came up with in response. Plus, at the end of the day all Jay was doing was answering the damn question he was asked (aka the whole point of doing an interview lol). I'll let you guys see for yourself:
It’s the new generation of fans and rappers who are gonna judge you the harshest. Do you think it’s fair that you’re compared to every new sensation, like Lil Wayne?
I don’t think it’s fair to me, and I don’t think it’s fair to them, with the amount of work that I put in. But it’s human nature. So I gotta do what I’ve been doing. I gotta compete with my work. Not to take anything away from him. I think Lil Wayne is extremely talented. I think he’s one of the most talented ones out there. I mean, even more so how his delivery is than what he says. I don’t think some of the things he says sometimes are the greatest things, but the way he delivers it, that’s part of it. People got to look at that, too. That’s a big, important part of the puzzle. But do I think me and Lil Wayne should be in the same sentence? Me? No. I mean, hopefully one day. He has to accumulate work. Put some classics under his belt.

And he shouldn't! You should NEVER hear Lil Wayne's name mentioned anywhere near Jay's. That's like bringing up Plies in a conversation about Tupac, its unwarranted and just doesn't belong. We're talking about a legend and an overrated mixtape rapper here! Bossip HAD to be joking lol.

Let's get back to Kingdom Come for a second, because I'm STILL, nearly a year later, trying to figure out what was wrong with the album?? Some people say it was garbage, but you can count the album better than it in 2006 on one hand...or in my opinion, one finger (Nas' Hip-Hop Is Dead). I mean just because the nigga aint talking about what you wanna hear him talk about means his whole album was garbage?? Lost Ones was garbage?? Beach Chair was garbage?? Minority Report, Anything, 30 Something, Dig A Hole, all garbage?? Nigga please! Like I said before, I dunno what them niggas was listening to, but obviously I never heard it. Lil Wayne doesn't even have ONE album better than Kingdom Come, and now he's got him beat lyrically???? Lyrically, Kingdom Come was CLASSIC, the only thing that held it back was like 2 or 3 of the beats... THAT'S IT.

In their defense, most of what they post is wack so the odds of this not going against the norm was unlikely. If anything, it just give more proof than people who don't know Hip-Hop, shouldn't speak on Hip-Hop because you're just gonna come out looking crazy. How about this, you guys handle the Where Is Kim Porter Pt. 1,062's and whether or not Foxy Brown's weave was tight in court, and I'll handle the Hip-Hop. Fall back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thats the thing about Lil Wayne's meathuggers is if you say anything beside "Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive", they take it as offense.

Fiyah said...

yeah thats true cant argue with that lol.