October 12, 2007

Rich Boy - Let's Get This Paper

I always loved this song and its always been my favorite on the album (even though I did have a few I REALLY liked). A few months ago AHH did like an editorial on it and on the comments I said "if Rich had any balls he'd do a video for it." A lot of people took that as me saying he needs to release it as a single, but I know 1) that's Interscope's decision, not his 2) you don't get 3rd singles when your 2nd singles doesn't do anything so it would be retarded for me to even be thinking that way. I just meant he needed to do something with the song himself because this would bring him a bigger fan base and show he has another side besides Throw Some D's. Well he did that and here's the video, check it out:



Hot shit! Don't expect to see this on MTV or BET because its not going to happen. I'm happy he did something with this song because most people would have never heard it due to the typecast placed on him from being from the South and having Throw Some D's. Anyway, big ups to Rich for doing this and here's his I Will Not Lose campaign video, if you haven't seen it:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I Gotta giv it 2 u...U wer absolutely right!!!!!!!! Im from NJ so im real hard on so called hip hop niggas lyrically, flow wise, and musically. I must say i assumed he had none but I was wrong he duz hav some depth to his game; and even more than that some individual thought. Wow I was impressed. To Fiyah tell me somwthin' ... I feel the same way about Shawnna's "Chicago" cut. Her "Gettin Sum Head" really typecast her too (in my view)...but my boy forced a couple of her songs on me (East Coast bias plus she was a chick), and Chicago turned out to be one of my faves of the year

Unknown said...

O i meant to say... I feel the same way in that she shud hav done a video for it

Fiyah said...

yeah i hear ya man im glad someone else is feelin this shit! i gotta check out the Shawnna track too good lookin