October 30, 2007

More T.I. Crap

I was gonna do something about Tip getting released the other day, but I never found time to Photoshop my "Free T.I." pic into "T.I. Freed" lol. Its all good though because I was sure yall would hear about it regardless lol. Anyway, I swiped this video from illseed's Rumors tonight and it shows the boy T.I. getting out of jail last Friday:


Who knows why they kept asking the lawyers about the case like they were actually gonna tell them anything, but to each their own lol.

-------------------------------

I found this on AHH's Ill Community last week and I've been meaning to post it and what better time than now? Hit it!:

On the BET Awards or whatever, Busta Rhymes said "Free TI", and was supported by everyone in attendance. Yet these same rappers and celeberties remained virtually silent while the whole Jena 6 issue was at its peak. Does this say anything about the Hip Hop and/or black community when we give a convicted felon support on alleged gun charges within hours but a real social issue that affects an entire town goes virtually unnoticed by the community at large. Further more do you feel TI was targed, do you think that the proposed time he facing is fair. Please elaborate on your points instead of typical "The man holdin us down", thanks. And yes this is inspired by a thread in the reason, I just wanted to know what people with a lil more age and wisdom thought.
Now, I see where dude is coming from here, but seriously, what the hell else were they supposed to do?? We didn't even find out all the details of what was going on until like 10-11pm that night, so how are you expecting everyone in attendance to be perfectly abreast with the situation?? I wasn't there, but seeing that T.I. was arrested only hours before the Hip-Hop Awards were taped, I'm sure all most people knew was that he was supposed to be there and he wasn't because he was arrested. Plus, they were in Atlanta so of course everyone was gonna be in favor a "free T.I." movement.

So no, I don't think that says much about our community when other communities are more concerned with what Paris Hilton ate today than the War In Iraq. If it wasn't T.I., it would just be something else distracting us from REAL issues in the world so I don't fault Busta for doing what he did, or Atlanta for showing support to their hometown hero.

0 comments: