October 12, 2007

Ho'lup Yah! No Cassidy Vs. Joe Budden Battle??

I don't think I ever posted this video, but a few months back Fight Klub host International P (the reason why I put "ho'lup yah" in the title lol) hinted to a battle between the 2:



Welp, as it turns out there will be no battle according to Cass! Check it out:

"Yeah that's definitely not going to happen," Cassidy told SOHH. The rapper said the only emcee worthy of battling, is himself.

"I'm the only competition for myself," Cass said.. "I don't feel as though there's no rapper out there that's competition for me as far as battling is concerned. If I battle somebody it's like, what am I getting out of it? I'm not making no money. I'm not going to become more successful. It's not like people are going to look at me no differently because they already know that I never lost a battle. So, they gon' be like, 'Oh, Cassidy still battling?' That's what I was trying to graduate from.

At this point in his career, Cassidy said he's beyond battling.

"I was trying to elevate from being a battle rapper to let people know that I could make hits, that I'm a business man, that I'm a CEO, that I'm a producer, that I'm an A&R, that I'm a model, that I got endorsement deals," he explained. "I'm trying to prove that to the world. So to go backtrack and to go back to being a battle rapper is like, for what?"

Whoa, whoa, hold up Cass! Come back to Earth man. He's obviously forgot that his first two albums not only flopped, but were BAD. At this point Joey has a clear advantage (which is probably really why he doesn't want to battle) because he hasn't done much since Mood Muzik 2 back in 2005... well nothing that has come out because Mood Muzik 3 is done and will be out in December.

I will give Cassidy some credit though because I see where he's coming from when saying why should he battle, but I just don't like how he said it like he's just so far above it.