October 19, 2007

Fiyah Notez: Hip-Hop Awards 2007

Thought I forgot about yall huh?? Nope, far from it! Anyway, this year's Hip-Hop Awards was MUCH better than last year's... unfortunately it was still pretty wack (which speaks volumes about last year's show lol). They seemed to give out the right awards to the right people for the most part, but they didn't even broadcast most of the awards (who knows why they had so many if they were only gonna show 1/4 of them lol). Aight well I have no else to say so check it out:

Hour 1


-Made it just in time to see Cassidy perform
-Wow they weren't able to catch him sayin "shit" in the editing room??
-No Terrence, that wouldn't be a good thing if they had Cass' album on
their iPod since it aint came out yet lol.
-I see they're gonna start the show with the best performance now its
undoubtedly downhill from here.
-Where in the hell did you get those red pants & Micky Mouse
gloves from 'Ye??? Man his dressing has fallen off since everybody has
jacked his style back in '04 *cough* T.I. *cough*
-Damn Katt is so small lmao.
-Katt actually has new material! That's great.
-LL looks sad lol.
CD of the Year: Common & T.I.
-Its a tie?? They must be joking! Common's album shitted on T.I.'s, I
thought that was clear.
-I'm sure glad they brought this cipha part back, it turned out to be the only part
of last year's show that was worth watching.
-Damn, Lil Mama looks so weird lmao.
-Sorry Katt, Wayne is FAR from the best rapper alive...hell he's not
even the best rapper in New Orleans lol.
-Where the hell this nigga got this foil jacket from?? lmao.
-This song is jammin', too bad Wayne is too busy being Hip-Hop music's Superhead to focus on making his own hot records.
-Second verse start off straight, but QUICKLY went downhill lol...song
still hot though.
-Who thought it would be cute to give Keyshia Cole Dennis the Menace's
haircut??
-Thank goodness someone gave Kanye an award!
-Kanye should go change lol.
-Most black men don't look right without facial hair, sorry David Banner lol.
-I wonder where he found that Vick jersey 'cause I know they aint selling them no more lol.
-Damn homegirl on stage with Nelly is fine.
-Why that lil girl have a mic on when she aint saying nothing??
-Sorry Nell, having a little girl hitting a split and slapping her lil vag against the stage is no more appropriate than Tip Drill lol.
-If this was '02 this would've been a smash hit...unfortunately for Nelly its nearly '08.
-Hov should win Lyricist of the Year hands down because I'm STILL trying to figure out what was wrong with Kingdom Come.
Lyricist of the Year: Common
-Damn Com got on stage fast lol.

Hour 2

-Ciara ol' tall sexy ass!
MVP of the Year: Lil Wayne??
-Wayne could've won like 6th Man of the Year or something but that's about it lol.
-DAMN Melyssa Ford is FUCKIN' FINE!!!!
Best Collaboration: UGK feat. Outkast - International Player's Anthem
-Rightfully so, BET aint fuckin' up the awards as bad as I thought they
would.
-Big Boi is droppin' a new album? That's greta news!
-I bet this Common shit went right over the majority's head and it wasn't even that complex lol.
-I hope this shit is over by 10 because South Park is new tonight.
-MBeezy?? I'm guessing you're only seeing this cheap ass commercial if you're in Fort Lauderdale lol.
-Cornell West is the man... I aint gon' lie, if I was him aint no WAY I would've come here lol.
-Ha ha Cornell, jokes on you, niggas don't read books lol.
-The swagger of Lil Wayne?? Kweli must be smoking lmao.
-I wonder if Nelly is still angry with KRS? lol.
-Step Into My World is still that shit!
-I dunno how many people can see this, but I'm feeling this Samsung commercial with Beyonce because I mean what's better than Beyonce?? You got that right, 2 Beyonces!
-Was that dog supposed to come out?? Nevermind lol.
-Why Wayne got that little ass chain on?? Oh yeah and someone tell him to put that empty ass cup down lol.
-Why Tity Boi got that laptop carrying case around his arm?? He couldn't find a real fuckin' duffle bag???
-This other nigga looks like he's never performed before lol.
-Luda was a nice touch to this otherwise boring performance lol.
People's Champ Award: Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stunnin' Like My Daddy
-Soulja Boy is coming up next so this is where the show ends for me, peace yall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you really hate Soulja Boy that much. Why?
And couldn't you just turn the tv back on later?

Fiyah said...

i dont hate him im just not into supporting the demise of hip-hop lol. and he was performing last (aka an insult to everyone who performed that nite) so there was really no point to watch anymore lol.