October 03, 2007

This Week In Flops 10/2/07

As many of you don't know (and I'm sure even more don't care) Soulja Boy's potential floppin' ass album came out yesterday! Welp, the time is now that the downhill slide begins on his exit from this cold ass music industry. His soundscan numbers obviously won't be out until next week, but I don't have him selling much more than 100,000, if that. Honestly, I think he's gonna fall somewhere around the 60-80k range (most of which being pre-sales of course), but I'm just being optimistic for the dude with the #1 single in the country and NO buzz for his album.

J. Holiday's Back Of My Lac hit stores on Tuesday, but despite having the #5 single in the U.S. we all know he aint selling shit lol. I got him doing somewhere in the 40-60k range.

Now, yall know I'm a Trey Songz MUSIC fan, but with nothing resembling a hit record and absolutely no buzz, Trey Day is gonna do around 20-40k (if not less).

Finally, the Jeezy-less Boyz N Da Hood dropped their sophomore album Back Up N Da Chevy which will do about 15-30k. Shame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know man... I work at Best Buy (in Philly, PA), and both J. Holiday AND Trey Songz sold out within hours of opening...

But there were an awful lot of Soulja Boy copies left on the shelf... I'm a cashier, and I don't remember any customers buying one...

And with the age of the internet being as big as it is, One Hit Wonders are in big supply... This being one of them....

Anonymous said...

And both (J & Trey) albums are really good. I copped both.