August 07, 2009

Diddy Introduces New Sean John Logo & Collection


Okay, so your new collection is basically just a remake of popular 80s fashion?? Sleeveless jackets?? Acid washed jeans?? Ripped jeans?? I gotta wonder if they're also gonna be designing Sean John leg warmers and those single rope bands breakdancers tied around their heads (you can currently see Ayiiia on "Real World: Cancun" single-handedly trying to bring back the look)? I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw some A.C. Slater parachute pants in the men's line and some "Designing Women" shoulder pads in the women's. And what was up with that dusty looking Idiana Jones jacket Diddy put on in the end?? I'm not fuckin' with it.

Now to the cardigan sweaters. Where do I start?? Okay, okay, here's a good place: Wasn't Ja Rule killed by Hip-Hop heads for wearing a cardigan sweater in the Mesmerized video back when he was relevant?? That was in a parody of "Grease" and they still slammed him. Now we're gonna bring them into fashion?? I'm not fuckin' with it.

What I do fuck with is the new Sean John logo. I really don't see what was wrong with the old logo, but I don't mind this new one. Its nice and simple. I fucks with it.

As a huge fan of the Sean John clothing line, I don't co-sign most of the shit shown in this video BUT there where actually 2 pieces I liked! Number one was that white, red, and black sweater they laid down at 3:03 into the video. I'm not sure why its in the Spring/Summer line, but I like it a lot. the other was the white shirt at 3:46 into the video. That's all. That's it. I'm hoping for some better stuff in future videos because again Sean John is my shit!