August 18, 2009

Surprise: Favre Signs With Vikings

Quarterback Brett Favre, left, and Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress drive off after Favre arrived at the St. Paul Downtown Airport in St Paul, Minn, on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2009. The 39-year-old quarterback arrived in Minnesota on Tuesday to meet with the NFL football team.
Well who didn't see this coming?? Hell, even if you didn't you still weren't surprised. That's why I title all my Brett Favre retire posts with "...For Now" because you never know with this guy. All this back and forth with him is just sickening to be honest with you. And for what?? To play 2 damn games against the Packers?? Don't get it twisted, that is still what its all about at the end of the day with Favre, getting back at the Packers for not wanting him last year. How childish is that??

Now, does Brett make the Vikings a better team?? Not neccessarily. I mean in essence he's better than Tavaris and Sage BUT he is 40 and how many successful 40 year-old QBs do you know of?? Exxxxxactly!

Either way, the more attention this gets, the less attention my Cowboys get and that's fine with me because I hope we're able to sneak up on some people this season and have a strong year. I doubt it, but who knows, right?? I got my fingers crossed.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this video of Cris Carter on First Take this morning ripping his old club for the way they handled this ummm situation:



That's just a lot of real talk right there. Reports came out earlier that Favre has a tear in his rotators cuff too so the chance he's gonna be able to play 16 games plus the playoffs is unlikely and you're gonna need 1 of those 2 guys you've been shitting on the past few months.

And speaking of people getting shitted on, how bad do you feel for John David Booty right now?? I mean not only is he gonna get cut, but he's gonna have to hand Brett his #4 jersey as he exits AND see it all over TV for the next 5-6 months. Tough break Booty.

SOURCE

Related:
Favre Decides To Remain Retired... For Now
Favre Stays Retired... For Now
Guess Who's Contemplating A Comeback??
Brett Favre Retires...Again