August 18, 2009

The Final Blueprint 3 Tracklisting, A Disappointment Waiting To Happen??

BP3 tracklist
Are you familiar with that old saying be careful what you wish for?? Well its never been realer now that the real Blueprint 3 tracklisting is out. So now not only is it mostly produced by 2008-2009 Kanye, but we went from 6 songs with features to 11 songs with features. The first Blueprint had 3! Blueprint 2 had 12, but it had 10 more songs! Eleven out of 15 is 73% of the fuckin' album! There are zero classic albums with a feature percentage that high. Zero!

And to add insult to injury not only is it loaded with features, but its loaded with shitty features. Luke Steele?? I don't even know who the fuck that is and the nigga is on the intro! Young Jeezy?? I like Jeezy... just not on a Jay-Z album. Swizz Beatz?? I swear if he spits a verse I'm gonna delete the album. J. Cole?? I heard the nigga was nice, but really, who is he?? He's not ready for primetime. KiD CuDi?? Same thing that I said about Swizzy goes like times 8 for this nigga.

Most importantly though is the feature that is missing. On the original tracklisting Empire State Of Mind featured Nas, now it features Alicia Keys. What's up with that?? Jay-Z/Nas collabos were 2 for 2, why not go for 3 for 3?? I certainly wouldn't have minded it, but now we got Jeezy, J. Cole, Swizz Beatz, and KiD CuDi, but no Nas. Awesome.

Bottom line, I'm totally NOT loving the direction this album is going in right now. I'm very skeptical about it and I'm kind of contemplating not coping it. I work hard for my money, I don't want to waste it hearing my favorite rapper end his own career. This shit looks like its gonna be on some electro-pop shit, and I ain't fuckin' with that. I want to hear some classic music, not Jay-Z's rendition of Universal Mind Control.