August 28, 2009

Jay-Z - Ghetto Techno

Jay-Z performs during the All Points West music festival at Liberty State Park Friday, July 31, 2009 in Jersey City, N.J.
This won't be on Blueprint 3 (thank goodness), but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post anyway.


I was about to get up and start dancing when this came on...then I remembered it was Jay-Z. There is NO excuse for someone of Hov's stature in this game to be making songs like this. I mean besides the fact that he's 39, this just isn't the kinda shit any Jay-Z fan wants to hears from the god MC. Man, and I thought Venus Vs. Mars was on some other shit, I had no idea! What the fuck were Hov, Kanye, and Timbo in the studio doing?? It clearly doesn't sound like they were trying to make good music. This is so depressing.

Now the question that looms is this: Is Ghetto Techno the worst Jay-Z song of all-time??

There aren't really many to choose from in the Jay-Z catalog. Basically there's this track, I Know What Girls Like, and Sunshine. That's the bottom of the bottom when it come to Jay. I say Oh My God from Kingdom Come is JUST on the outside looking in on the bottom 3, the beat was brutal.