August 24, 2009

Random News Shit: Current News Edition


1) Michael Jackson's Death Ruled A Homicide
Uh-oh! Its about to get even uglier for that doctor in a quick second. Its a damn shame he had to be black but oh well, tough break nigga.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks it still feels weird that Michael Jackson is dead?? Seriously though, I know he wasn't doing much this past decade and that he wasn't gonna live forever but damn, its freakin' Michael Jackson! That doctor needs to know he's going down.

2) Michael Beasley Checks Into Rehab
This story is crazy! When I got off work I tuned into 790 The Ticket and heard Dan Lebatard talking to Charles Barkley about young athletes, lots of money, and drug use. Pure craziness.

Even though we don't really know the details of what kinda rehab he's entered just yet, I can say with all honestly I'm not shocked by this story one bit. Did it catch me off guard?? A little bit, but now that I sit back and think am I shocked, I realize I'm totally not. I mean I love M. Beas, but the dude always came off a bit weird to me. Plus, we already knew he's a poor decision maker (most noticeably for his decision to rock those skinny ass braids in the playoffs).

I hope dude gets the help he needs because we're gonna need his ass to have a real shot at anything this year.

On another note, Twitter takes down another and gives us reason #604 why most rappers/athletes/celebs shouldn't have a fuckin' Twitter.

3) Rivers Gets 6-Year Extension Worth $92 Million
Not quite what Eli got, but its still a damn great time to be a QB from the upper-echelon of the 2004 draft class. Well everyone expect J.P. Losman at #22 lol.

4) Vick To Play This Thursday Vs. Jags
From all accounts Mike Vick has looked pretty sharp since joining the Eagles and now we'll finally get to see what he looks like in his Philly gear in a real game. Ironically, the last time we saw him play was against the Eagles. I'm excited!