August 27, 2009

Roy Williams Hurts Shoulder In Practice

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy E. Williams (4) grimaces as trainers Jim Maurer, rear, and Britt Brown, front, check his left shoulder following a collision on the field with a teammate during drills at NFL football practice at the Cowboys' stadium Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009, in Arlington, Texas.
**UPDATE**
ESPN.com is now reporting that X-ray's on Roy's injured shoulder were negative and he's likely done of the rest of preseason.

-----------------

Looks like the Romo/Roy era might have to be put on pause for a minute as Roy fucked around and got hurt in a collision with 2nd year DB Orlando Scandrick. I haven't seen the play, but I do know they weren't practicing in pads and this was supposed to be a walk-through. So far all we know is that its a shoulder injury (not a broken collarbone like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman said on the Fox broadcast) and Roy will have an MRI and X-Ray tomorrow. Also Scandrick has come out and said he didn't try to hit him and was just trying to make a play on the ball.

Guess what though?? I'm not even mad about it. Whenever your number #1 receiver gets hurt you're supposed to be concerned, but I can't lie, I'm not. Its no military secret that I'm no Roy Williams fan and I'm gonna stay consistent with that. This gives our young WRs a chance to show what they can do with the 1st team at the least. I see this as a win/win. Hopefully Miles Austin doesn't fuck around and get hurt too with the extra reps he's gonna get Saturday.

Welp, we'll see how serious this injury is in the morning. I don't wanna wish the guy any misfortunate, but I wouldn't mind seeing Miles Austin or Sam Hurd lining up next to Patrick Crayton on September 13th in Tampa.

SOURCE 1
SOURCE 2