August 28, 2009

2Pac - If There's A Cure/War Gamez

2Pac!
I've been holding on to these Pac songs for awhile now for some reason, but thanks my nig Tye bringing it back to my attention that I never posted them. I'm gonna break them up and do 2 songs in this post and 2 more in another post in a few. Enjoy.


Can you say timeless music?? How crazy is it that this song is just as dope now as it would've been if it dropped back whenever they made it. How many rappers in that came out after 2000 can collabo on a freestyle that could also be a hit record?? And I'm not talking about any of this 2009 radio, dance, chant bullshit, I'm talking about some shit with a sweet hook and sick verse that you can ride to. What are there 3, maybe 4 that could do it??

I got Kanye, T.I., Lupe and Game, but who else is there? Drake maybe?? I don't know. If you think of anymore let me know.

Either way, this shit goes hard and its kinda sad to hear unreleased shit from the mid-90s that I'd rather listen to than the vast majority of new shit.


How did Death Row manage to hang on to this for this long?? I feel like this should've surface at least 10 years ago! All those 2Pac albums and nobody thought to include this?? I'd be interested to hear what this sounded like with a beat. Whoever did the beats on Better Dayz needs to get on this project ASAP! I'd probably still turn it off when the Outlawz starting rapping, but that's just to hold my 2Pac listening traditions in place lol.