October 04, 2009

NFL Winners & Losers: Week 4

Cowboys @ Broncos
Of course the week when I actually finish my picks Thursday night the internet on my phone stops working and I'm unable to get all the work off. Well its kinda sorta working now and I was able to e-mail it to myself and here it goes!

1) Cowboys (2-1) @ Broncos (3-0)
I'm trying my hardest not to sound cocky coming into this game, but lets be honest, the Broncos are by far the worst of the remaining 3-0's. I'm not gonna say they completely suck, but they beat the Raiders, the Browns, and the Bengals on a one-in-a-million fluke play.
I can't respect that.

On the Cowboys side of things, Marion Barber should be back in the line-up for this and my confidence in Tashard Choice is high. Even without Felix missing, Denver will still have their hands full trying to contain Smash and Tash. Romo will probably register some good
numbers and I say the Cowboys win this one easily. Cowboys winners, Broncos losers.

2) Packers (2-1) @ Vikings (3-0)
When its all said and done, this may be end up being the most over-hyped Monday Night Football game of all-time (even though Cowboys-Panthers will still probably be the highest rated cable TV program of the year when its done...and yes I only said that to bring this up lol).

Anyway, you already know all the back story with Favre and the Packers so I won't go into that, but this should still be a good one. If the Packers are able to establish the run with Ryan Grant, I give them a good shot to win this game. At the point, Aaron Rodgers is just a better QB than Favre and his receiving corps is vastly superior. I think that plays a big part and #4's old team givs his new team its 1st loss.


Had a change of heart RIGHT before the game. I'm going with the Vikes at home now so Vikings winners, Packers losers. (Let the records show that I did change this pick BEFORE the game started. Here's some Twitter proof.)

3) Ravens (3-0) @ Patriots (2-1)
Good bounce back win last week by the Patriots. They aren't the 2007 Pats, but they played good enough to win. The Pats's shotty defense scares me going against an offense like the Ravens have put on display in 2009. Of course, the Ravens have only played the Chiefs, Chargers,
and Browns so I'm not as quick to crown them as some others (mainly ESPN who has them #1 on their bullshit Power Rankings).

I could see this going either way, but I'm gonna give this one to Baltimore, though I could totally see the New England winning this game. Ravens winners, Patriots losers.

4) Jets (3-0) @ Saints (3-0)
The battle of the undefeateds! Captain Obvious says only one team can come out lossless, so who will it be??

The real battle is going to be Rex Ryans' defense against Drew Brees' offense. Which will budge??

I don't think it will be the Saints' offense, especially at home in the Superdome. Plus, I don't think Mark Sanchez is ready for the stage he's about to be on Sunday. Saints winners, Jets losers.

5) Chargers (2-1) @ Steelers (1-2)
Yeah, the Chargers have 2 wins on the year, but they still haven't showed me much of anything so far. They almost got beat by the lowly Raiders and had trouble putting away a Pennington-less Dolphins team this past Sunday.

The Steelers on the other hand, haven't been bad, but just not good enough to win. They seem to miss Troy Polamalu somewhat, but Troy couldn't kick field goals for Jeff Reed against Chicago. I say the Steelers get back in the win column when this one is in the books. Steelers winners, Chargers losers.

6) Titans (0-3) @ Jaguars (1-2)
I like the Jags and I really want to take in this match-up, but the Titans are desperate at this point. I don't see any scenario where they go 0-4 after this game. Titans winners, Jags
losers.

7) Seahawks (1-2) @ Colts (3-0)
The 'Hawks could have a healthy Matt Hasselbeck and Walter Jones and I'd STILL take the Colts here. Colts winners, Seahawks losers.

8) Bills (1-2) @ Dolphins (0-3)
The Chad Henne Era got underway about a year early, but I think this kid is gonna shock some people. I think he's gonna start to open up the passing game for the Dolphins in ways Chad Pennington wasn't ever really able to.

I still think they take this L, but watch out for the 'Phins if you're team still has them on the schedule. Bills winners, Dolphins losers.

9) Lions (1-2) @ Bears (2-1)
So the Lions FINALLY won a game. It was a year-plus in the making and I think they'll be so high off that one that they may let this one slip away. Bears winners, Lions losers.

10) Bengals (2-1) @ Browns (0-3)
The Browns are a disgrace to the league at this point. Derek Anderson is definitely going to open up the offense, but how can I pick against the Bengals at this point?? Not many had them taking out the Steelers last week. Bengals winners, Browns losers.

11) Rams (0-3) @ 49ers (2-1)
With or without Frank Gore, the Rams have no shot of beating San Fran. Period. Niners winners, Rams losers.

12) Buccaneers (0-3) @ Redskins (1-2)
Can the Bucs do what the Lions did last week and steal a win against the Redskins?? For Jim Zorn's sake, they better not. If the 'Skins lose this game that's it, Zorn is out. I don't think he wants that so his boys will be ready this week. Redskins winners, Bucs losers.

13) Giants (3-0) @ Chiefs (0-3)
What's the point of even discussing this game?? Giants winners, Chiefs losers.

14) Raiders (1-2) @ Texans (1-2)
JaMarcus Russell may be the worst QB in the league today. Through 3 games he is the lowest rated passer and has the lowest completion percentage while throwing just 1 touchdown to 4 interceptions. The guy just can't play. I can't pick Oakland to beat anybody at this point. Texans winners, Raiders losers.

Record Last Week: 10-6 (.625)
Overall Record: 41-21 (.672)
So Far This Week: 10-4 (.714)