October 05, 2009

Random News Shit: NFL Headlines Edition

NASHVILLE, TN - DECEMBER 07:  Receiver Braylon Edwards #17 of the Cleveland Browns reacts in the final minutes of play during their 28-9 loss to the Tennessee Titans on December 7, 2008 at LP Field in Nashville, Tennessee.
1) Braylon Edwards Allegedly Punches LeBron's Pint-Sized Friend Outside Night Club
Yes, you read correct, I said "LeBron's pint-sized friend." This guy we're talking about is 5'7", 135! Braylon is 6'3", 215! He should feel ashamed of himself for beating up this little dude. I mean it was probably already hard for lil man to prove he was grown and get into the club, then Braylon's ol' non-catching ass wanna punch him out. I'm assuming he was salty over not catching any passes Sunday, but you still can't do this. Hold up, he caught 0 passes and his team lost Sunday, what in the hell was he at the club anyway?? This nigga is brave, if I played for a team as sorry as the Browns, I'd probably stay my ass home. Not because I'd be scared, but because I'd be too embarrassed. Maybe that's just me.

2) Michael Crabtree Flies To San Fran To Re-Open Negotiations
Better late than never I guess, but Crabtree (neither crab, nor tree lol) was still getting TERRIBLE advice from the people around him. I still don' get the logic, you were picked 10th, you can't get 5th pick money because you weren't the 5th pick, you were 10th. Its simple. I guess they were banking on the 49ers needing his services to be a good team, but with them getting off to a 3-1 start, that couldn't be any further from the truth.

I hope he does good, but I could easily see him falling into the Mike Williams/Charles Rodgers/Peter Warrick WR Bust Hall Of Fame.

3) Eli Manning Diagnosed With Plantar Fasciitis
He's said to be day-to-day, but if I was advising him, I'd tell him to sit Sunday's game out. You're just playing the Raiders and you don't wanna aggravate it and make it worse when you have to go to New Orleans the next week. I'm sure the Giants don't need Eli to beat the Raiders the way JaMarcus Russell is playing.

4) Donovan McNabb Back To Practice
Looks like McNabb is gonna be back this Sunday to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Good for him.

5) Matthew Stafford Day-To-Day With Knee Injury
I guess it was one of those things that looks worse than it actually is because I thought dude was gonna be out for an extended period of time.