December 30, 2007

Chuck D For President '08!

So you might have heard Chuck D has put his bid in to replace Jay-Z as el Presidente over at Def Jam BUT c'mon on now we ALL know that will never happen lol. I mean I applaud Chuck for trying and his plan makes a lot of sense to me, but Def Jam is a lost cause right now as far as Hip-Hop goes and hiring Chuck would only bring it back to the forefront where it belongs. I doubt L.A. Reid wants that. Then again, stranger things have happened so I'll keep my eyes open. Chuck D for President '08! [FULL STORY]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah to be honest if any artist is made president then they either need to be done with releasing their own music for awhile or put others before themselves when it comes to releasing their cds.

Its hard for me to forgive Jay-Z for holding one of the best(Joe Budden) on the shelf for 4 years. And he doesnt promote anyone's album like he should have.

Fiyah said...

yeah thats true BUT at the end of the day L.A. Reid has the final say on everything which is why Hip-Hop will remain on the back burner at Def Jam.