December 19, 2007

Happy Trails To Alonzo Mourning

Looks like this is the end for big Zo. Its not official yet, but I don't see how he could come back from this one. As you might have heard he tore the patellar tendon in his right knee in a overtime lost to the Hawks tonight.

Its really sad to see because growing up playing ball in South Florida, Zo was huge! After I started to really gain interest and an intense passion for the sport in about '96 I remember my uncle James and/or my cousin Nick watching those old 96-97 Heat with Zo, Tim Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, Voshon Lenard, and P.J. Brown (sick squad!). Zo was just the man at the time since we got to see them play all 82 games on Sunshine Network lol. Those old Heat teams just bring back special memories for me (even though Kevin Garnett was still my favorite player) and its hard to see Zo going out like this.

Well, there's still an outside chance he can return for the end of this season, depending on how the surgery and rehab goes, but this has got to be at least a 6 month recovery process. At least he got his ring before it was over, happy trails Zo. [FULL STORY]

0 comments: