December 19, 2007

Idiocracy 101: Prodigy Teaches His 7 Year -Old To Shoot A Shotgun!

Yo, that T-Dub post was supposed to be my last for the night, but I was downloading a flick so I couldn't just hop offline like I wanted to lol. Anyway, I was just trying to past time by online until it finished when I ran across this ignorant ass shit. This is an actual video of Prodigy of Mobb Deep taking his 7 year-old son to the shooting range and subsequently letting him shoot a shotgun! WOOOW! Check out the video, you know I got more to say below:


This shit here is completely crazy! This kid is only 7 years-old for goodness sake! When I was 7 year-old I was watching Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles and shit like that NOT in the gun range with pops.

This video is wrong on SOOO many levels, most notably Prodigy JUST the other day warning rappers to "wake up" and stop acting like clowns. Shit like this REALLY make it hard to believe these rappers (and really people in general) when they get arrested and try to say the police set them up (or as my ig'nant black folks like to say, "dem crackas fucked me up"). I mean honestly, after watching this does anyone NOT think his 3 year prison sentence automatically seems justified?? Its hard to argue that you don't have guns on you when your 7 year-old child is allegedly wanting to learn to shoot a shotgun...and you teach him. Kids don't just wake up and want to shoot shotguns unless they see someone doing it first hand. Hell, Are 7 year-olds even allowed in gun ranges??? I dunno man this shit has just got me all fucked up in the dome area lol. I really can't believe what I just saw.

One thing is for sure though, we can all pretty much rest assured that this lil dude is gonna be a future Rikers Island inmate lol. Sad.

5 comments:

Allah Universal said...

Peace...
I can't totally agree with the act being Idiocracy, letting the world know that it was happening was the oops...I was taught a lot of things as a youth that would be considered "taboo" for children, right along with my Voltron, Thundercats, Mr. Rogers, Transformers, take your pick (it's not like G.I. Joe didn't have a gun)...Those life lessons in the long run, however, turned out to be VERY useful for me as an adult. As a father, I can't get mad @ another father who wants to teach his son to shoot (go back through P's catalog, he was taught to shoot @ 7, can't remember the song he mentions it on right now though). Making it public may be a bit overboard, but some train scholars, some train soldiers, some train both.

How many martial arts students are under the age of 10? It's never too early to teach self-defense...ALONG WITH THE WISDOM OF WHEN TO USE IT!!! Live by the...& everyone knows the rest of that one...

I'll admit that I haven't read anything else on this blog yet, so I'm going to stop typing now & peruse it...Just had to add on regarding this subject, kinda touched home...Peace...

AllahU

Fiyah said...

Well to be clear, I don't agree with putting a gun in a child's hand for any reason whether its made public or not. That goes for hunters teaching their kids to shoot dear or rappers letting their kid shoot a silhouette in a gun range. There is so much to teach a child, why is he teaching him to fire a shotgun?? If the kid is like 14 then that's fine, but 7??? That's a freakin' 2nd grader! That shit just can't be explained to me especially when its being taught by someone leaving his 7 year-old child for 3 years on a gun charge.

And teach a 7 year-old how to fire a shotgun is NOT teaching self-defense let's get that straight right now lol. Also, we all know the deal with Martial Arts and that's a TOTALLY different thing all together.

Thanks for writing.

Allah Universal said...

Thanks for the article...

Understanding your point of view 100%! Yeah...after a lil' more thought, 7 is early for shooting, I'd wait until 12...We're just looking at the same box from 2 angles, neither being right or wrong...Really, the WHY behind the whole thing is what matters, we'll probably never get a real answer for that...Glad that we can agree to disagree, and not get all hostile (I never understood that, that's why I rarely comment son blogs, even changed my mind about my own lol)

I do agree with you on there being other things to teach your child, & as I type this, funny thing came to mind...How often will a video surface that shows a rapper/producer/DJ/breaker/big CEO or whoever reading to his/her child? Hmm...

Fiyah said...

Yeah man I don't believe in all that online hostility, that shit is crazy and frankly just pointless lol. Unlike a lot of people I don't think everyone has to agree 100% on everything because that will NEVER happen anyway so even thinking it can happen give a false sense of hope. Anyway, back to the subject, rappers teaching kids to read or write would never fly even if rappers wanted to do that. I remember that BET debate Hip-Hop Vs. America T.I. brought that up and said if he made a video in a library with people reading and women wearing long skirts his label and/or BET would look at it and say "what the hell is this, we can't show this!" That's real talk right there and there is really no lane for positivity in Rap music because its become such a business.

With album sales being so low, a change HAS to be on the horizon though so who knows what we might see in a music video 5 years from now, but hopefully it won't be someone teaching a 2nd grader to shoot a shotgun lol.

Allah Universal said...

LOL Word!...Be the change you want to see, I'm living that...2008, the 20 year cycle of music, it's bound to happen...Peace! AllahU