December 12, 2007

This Week In Flops 12/11/07

Wassup y'all?? This cold finally seems to be going away so I'm back to work! Sorry I didn't make Tuesday, but its all good you guys love me anyway ;-).

Anyway, big day in music which equals an even bigger day in flops (who knows why people don't realize its not a good idea to drop your album on the same day as 32 other albums drop or drop in the weeks following a major release like Kanye West or Alicia Keys, but I guess that's just the story of our lives lol).

First up is Bow Wow and Omarion's Face Off. I heard the album was wack, but that's not really the point here lol. The real point is that it just wasn't a good idea in the first place. I like Omarion and Bow is straight but together? Not so much (I think that Designated Driver turned me off to the idea of this album lol). Well, whatever the case may be they're still gonna flop. If this came out in January or at least a week when a ton of other shit was droppin' I'd say it'd do like 250k first week BUT since that's not the case I'm guessing this album will be good for about 110-130k.
Next up is arguably the most annoying new artist to hit the scene, The-Dream, and his debut album Love/Hate. I mean besides the fact this dude looks like a lame and wrote some of the worst song of 2007...fuck it, no one is more annoying the Soulja Boy BTW is he still around?? Whatever lol. Shawty Is A Ten is wack and he's not gonna sell blah blah blah 50-60k.

The original Mr. Molester himself, Birdman, checks in next with his more than likely trash album 5*Stunna. For some reason he thinks a Blood now or whatever...who really cares, his album is gonna flop, 45-55k.

Beans is back! I got a review for this album coming soon so be on the look out for that. Until then go cop this album because its probably not doing much more than 25k.

Wow, where did this album come from?? I dunno what to say about it since I didn't it was coming out so I'm guessing it'll do about 25-40k.

We all love the Wu-Tang Clan, but lets just be honest for a minute: this project was going nowhere from the start. The fact that they are seemingly at odds with each other only adds fuel to the fire an probably isn't gonna help this album sell (them not having a single isn't helping either). This is really a lost cause, 30-40k.

This is last of course because its gonna flop like hell! I don't see this shit doing anything more than 10k. I guess that's all you can ask for from trash.

0 comments: